November 2nd 2022, one of our biggest dreams came true: to gather our Community and share a full day full of knowledge, experiences and emotions. 7 panels, Sports Activities, Cocktails, steaks and lots of networking and valuable conversations.
Newtopia Summit: Enhancing the new LATAM
On November 2, the first edition of Newtopia Summit was held in Buenos Aires, with the participation of more than 150 people, including key players in the Latin American entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The event took place at El Dok Haras, an impressive venue located in Exaltación de la Cruz and was organized with the main objective of spending quality time, strengthening connections among the members of the Newtopia community: entrepreneurs, investors, Limited Partners, corporate managers, Partner VCs, mentors, advisors, teams and associates from different parts of the world.
It is worth mentioning that the event brought together the most important personalities of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. From historical figures such as Marcos Galperin – founder of MercadoLibre -, to the creators of the latest Argentine Unicorns such as Mural and Auth0 – companies worth 1 billion dollars -, to elite athletes who today play the role of investors such as Manu Ginobili.
At 9 am, Mariano Mayer opened the day with welcome remarks and introduced the Q3’22 Investor Report presentation for more than 60 Limited Partners attending, which was undertaken by the Newtopia team: Sacha Spitz, Diego Noriega, Sara Gandini Gubinelli and Karin Tenenboim, highlighting the outcomes and windows for improvement.
Afterwards, the event was followed by 7 panels in which experts and renowned figures of the entrepreneurial ecosystem spoke about the current situation of the region:
- Political Context with Jorge Mariano Aguado
- Economic Context with Claudio Zuchovicki
- Tech Context with Marcos Galperin
- Athletes Panel with Manu Ginobili, David Nalbandian, Joaquin Tuculet and Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias
- Web3 Panel with Manuel Beaudroit, Matias Loizaga (Enigma.art), NatiShi (influencer), Ignacio Roizman (Sensei Node) and Juan Pablo Lafosse (Travel X), moderated by Karin Tenenboim (Newtopia VC)
- Latam Footprint Panel moderated by Agustina Fainguersch (Meta) and the participation of Diego Antista (Get Globy), Matias Gath (Pulppo), Julio Moreno (Koban), Angel Celis Botto (Beu), Ivonne Quinones (aimo) and Fernando Vilela (Liti Saude).
- Unicorns Panel with Matias Woloski (Auth0) and Patricio Jutard (Mural), moderated by Denise Nathalie Henry Maffeis (For Me).
The Summit revealed a community that seeks to collaborate and inspire each other. Mariano Mayer, Newtopia Co-Founder and Managing Partner, stated that:
«It is worthwhile to see how everything we are seeking to generate at Newtopia is becoming a reality. We are managing to generate these environments to support entrepreneurs in the best possible way with committed investors who have a sense of community and ecosystem».
This event served as a spectacular summum to a week of activities in what we call Pre-Summit. In the words of Diego Noriega, also Newtopia Managing Partner,
«Wednesday, November 2, 2022 was the great closing, of a great week, in an ideal place for the magic to happen… and it happened: the objective of strengthening the links between LPs, Advisors and Entrepreneurs was achieved.»